We conduct needs-based research to improve people’s livelihoods by promoting low cost technologies utilising local materials. Our work further aims to protect the environment from pollution and ensure the safety of water for drinking.
Examples of previous and ongoing studies include:
- 1 Routine water quality monitoring for an impact evaluation of the Lusaka Water Supply and Sanitation Drainage Project.
- 2. Characterisation of Biosolids and Evaluating the Effectiveness of sun drying beds as biosolids stabilisation method in Lusaka, Zambia
- 3. Water quality assessments in cholera-prone areas of Lusaka, Zambia.
- 4. Water quality assessments in new residential areas in Lusaka Zambia
- 5. Characterisation of Biosolids and Evaluating the Effectiveness of sun drying beds as a biosolids stabilization method in Zambia.
- 6. Production of fuel grade Ethanol from locally available raw materials
- 7. Optimisation of a method for Nitrate Determination in Drinking Water
- Evaluating the effectiveness of Moringa oleifera seed powder as coagulant in water treatment